You can contribute to the project in a number of ways. Code is always good, bugs are interesting but telling a friend or a peer about YamJam is awsome.
- Fork the repository on Bitbucket .
- Make a virtualenv, clone the repos, install the deps from pip install -r requirements-dev.txt
- Write any new tests needed and ensure existing tests continue to pass without modification.
- Setup CI testing on drone.io for your Fork. See current script .
If you encounter a bug or some surprising behavior, please file an issue on our tracker
Get the Word Out¶
- Tell a friend
- email a list
- blog about about it
- give a talk to your local users group
Let’s face it, a config system is not that exciting (unless you get it wrong - Windows Registry). But just like templating, everyone needs it. You roll your own, you try ton’s of if/then and environment detection but it always ends up lacking. YamJam makes it sane and installable from pypi.
Now instead of spending attention cycles on your own boring implementation, you can spend your time on interesting code and let us take of the mundane.